"I have been using RAKA epoxy/glass/fillers for years.
I really don't think it worth a lot of time trying to figure out how much resin you need. The more you buy, the lower the per gallon cost. My recommendation with RAKA epoxy would…"
"Auto paint and clear are options but, check the price first. Auto finishes are not in the ball park with 50 dollar a gallon white polyurethane paint.
You kind of get what you want at the price you are willing to pay."
"Kelly makes a good point.
Start working now to find people who can help you build a trip. If you can find an experienced trip leader they will usually have the connections to the people with all the skills and gear to build a 20 day trip down…"
"I have started taking a small 250 Honda motor cycle on trips. This makes for simple day shuttles. The bike weighs 250 pounds.
It mounts on a carrier which attaches to the receiver on the truck. The boat trailer then attaches to a…"
"10000 WOW, I assume you mean 5000 each. My last trip in Nov 2011 was around 600. I have been on 5 trips and only one was over 1000 and that was due to paying to take out at Diamond and contracting out for the food.
I you decide to…"
Hey Larry, thanks again for the great information, we had a beautiful trip with high's in the 80's, nite's in the upper 40's and zero wind till the last few miles. Joe Hutch was pretty simple in rubber, but it looks like you need to break out of the wave train and go left of the hole, keep digging left for a wood craft. I went to the right of it and ran into a few things. Still had a few pesky bugs but not bad. I'm convinced it's the place to be in the fall if there's enough water.
Looks like a steep, deep hole. And I would agree, a couple more PSI would have made it less crazy, but then I guess you never know. Appreciate it, leaving for Vernal here in a couple of hours. I'll give you a report when I return, thanks again for the information.
At 10:35am on September 21, 2009, Jim Rubino said…
Bugs? what bugs this time of year? I figured they all went away sometime after late July or so. oh well, I'll let you know how it goes.
Hey Larry, thanks for the great info. I guess due to indecision and having just the last weekend to get ready, we've opted to take rubber and check it out this time, hopefully get back next fall with the dories if the water is back up to at least this level. Looks like a nice run and I'm looking forward to it. talk later, Jim
Great Info, really appreciate it. My brother has the decked over McKenzie, I'm stuck with the Briggs if I end up taking it. I had heard about Joe Hutch but your description helps a lot. Guess I'll have to make a call there whether or not to take the briggs. thanks again, Jim
Hey Larry, my brother has a Sept. 25th Deso permit. Looks like the dam will hold at around 2200 -2500 during the month of Sept. I was wondering if you've been through there at low water with your woodies and could provide some insight. thanks for any info there, Jim